It's nearly the end of the year and with a fresh new wave of films coming, make sure you cross these great 2011 films off your list.
5. Source Code - Jake Gyllenhaal is jumping through time trying to stop a commuter train from exploding. Gyllenhaal and Monaghan are excellent and the writers do a really good job with the time travelling bit. Not crazy about the ending, but still a very solid movie.
4. The Guard - Brendan Gleeson plays a crotchety old Irish cop who teams up with Don Cheadle, an FBI investigator to stop a drug smuggling ring. This movie has such a dark sense of humour and Gleeson owns this movie as the oddball Sergeant.
3. Chillerama - This is a great collection of horror stories, in the same vein as Creepshow/Cat's Eye, but with some excellent gross out humour thrown in. Or is it the other way around? A definite must see for any B movie fanatic.
2. Dale and Tucker vs Evil - After two hillbilly's (Tucker and Dale) save a college girl from drowning, they unexpectedly scare the rest of her friends into thinking she's been kidnapped. The whole movie is a gruesome comedy of errors, I didn't realize how hard it is to wince and laugh at the same time.
1. Attack The Block - A group of young hoodlums kill an alien in South London and its aliens friends come looking for them for revenge. This film is so much fun to watch, it's got the Carpenter style monster, some nerve racing scenes and a great dark humour about it.
So, grab one these films this holiday season instead of the usual Christmas fare and cross it off your "must see" list before it goes on your "meant to see" list.